Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Graduation

     Endings are hard. I have never been good at endings. I'm not ready to leave the nest. I don't want to fly away. I don't want to leave my family. I am not ready for the next opportunity in life. I am scared, actually terrified. But when I think about it, I was once a scared little bird, who couldn't even take flight, who dreamed to soar. We were all kindergartners who didn't want to leave our parents, who didn't want to start school, but we did and we ended our lives at home and started our life at school. 
     We were all eggs who just hatched in a small nest and we wanted to grow. Each year we grew, we learned more and more with the help of our teachers, they were with us through it all. There were some days where some days were I would fall, fail, feel different, but with the support and love of our little flock, I would persist. There have been many lessons, but throughout the tough times at Golf I learned to love others for our differences, all of them.
      Now we are back at a beginning, about to leave, about to learn more. I don't want to leave this amazing community, but if I want to soar, I have to first fly. Which means I have to leave and my journey at Golf Middle School ends.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Like I am happy to leave but then I don't because I made so many friends that I don't want to leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this special milestone!

    ReplyDelete